If you travel with kids or babies, Sopot and Tricity on the north coast of Poland is super child friendly, not only cos it’s got miles and miles of sandy beaches for them to enjoy galloping freedom, but also because of the super child-friendly restaurants!
Travelling with a (super active) 15 month old means you can’t exactly chill while you peruse the menu and eat calmly all afternoon 😉 So it’s fantastic to go somewhere where almost every restaurant has an indoor play area for kids to play, and/or even an outdoor playground for them to get their energy out before the meal, all within view of where you’re eating! And once they get hungry, they can happily sit in their high chair for their meal, before racing off again while you keep eating. Win win!
The top 5 restaurants we’d personally recommend in Sopot:
- Pomaranczowa Plaza (orange beach) – one of our all time favourites for food, kids playground and great coffee and cinnamon green tea! Ok so we had about 5 breakfasts and 3 lunches here as we enjoyed it so much – the massive outdoor area, the sandy playground by the tables with a fab slide, swing and play house, an indoor play area, and the sea is literally 1 min walk ! See why we couldn’t resist it daily? 😉
- Ristorante Tresoro – about an 8 min walk from the beach, every time we walked past it was filled with families, tons of high chairs and another great playground outside.
- Tawerna Rybaki (fishing taverna) – right off the beach, no outdoor play area but a great use of the large under stairs area with kids toys, play kitchen, chairs and a lovely rocking horse.
- Restauracja Nowosopocka (new sopot resto) – 5 mins off the beach and part of a big hotel. Lovely big outdoor dining area an a great little corner with tables, chairs and toys for kids.
- U przyjaciol (friends’)– 10 mins from the beach, no outdoor play area but a lovely little table and chairs for kids and toys so a small area to occupy the super small ones.
So get booking that child friendly holiday to Poland! 🙂 we thoroughly recommend it !